Attorney Judith Dixon
A Connecticut native, Attorney Dixon practices in the areas of domestic and criminal litigation. She is experienced in family law in all courts, including Superior Court, Juvenile Court, or as it intersects with the criminal courts. She has been practicing since 1978, and is also knowledgeable in the areas of civil litigation, municipal law, zoning law, appellate practice, and administrative law. She presently serves as the Town Attorney for the Towns of Sharon, Canaan and North Canaan.
Admitted to practice in all Connecticut courts since May, 1978; in U.S. District Court since September, 1978; and in U.S. Supreme Court since August, 1987.
- Connecticut Bar Association (Member and past President, Family Law Section; Member, Local Fee Arbitration Panel)
- Litchfield County Bar Association, past President
- Attorney Trial Referee, 1995 to present
- Special Master, Litchfield Superior Court, 1994 to present
- James W. Cooper Fellow, Connecticut Bar Foundation, 1998 to present
- Selectman, Town of Winchester, 1982-1986
- Small Claims Commissioner (for approximately 5 years)
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., cum laude, January, 1978
- Brown University - Pembroke College, Providence, RI, 1970, B.A. in English (Honors)
Donna J. Brooks, Esq.
A Connecticut native, Attorney Brooks practiced law in Connecticut from 1977 until her death in June of 2011. She practiced in the areas of bankruptcy, foreclosure defense and asset protection, as well as non-bankruptcy solutions to creditor problems. She was knowledgeable in the areas of real estate transactions, probate administration, wills, evictions, and municipal law.
Admitted to practice before all state and federal courts in the State of Connecticut since 1977, including each of the three Bankruptcy Courts in Connecticut, located in Hartford, New Haven and Bridgeport.
- Connecticut Bar Association, including the Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Section, the Consumer Law Section, and the Real Property Section
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Litchfield County Bar Association
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., with honors, May, 1977
- Grinnell College, Grinnell, Iowa, B.A., Latin American Studies, 1973
Winsted, CT 06098
In Business Since 1982
Please ask if you have a scheduling problem. Initial consultation fee for most types of matters: $50.00.